1. Summary Uterine sarcomas are rare and comprise only 3% of all uterine can- cers, 8% of malignant uterine tumors. Within the group of soft tissue sarcomas they occure in 7% of all cases. They consist of different histological subtypes as leiomyosarcoma, endometrial stromal tumor, undifferentiated sarcoma, pure heterologous sar- coma and mixed epithelial and […]
1. Abstract Intracranial squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is a rare condition and relatively few cases have been described in the literature. Despite the poor prognosis, no standardized treatment protocols have been developed. In the present article, we report a case of primary intracranial SCC with a review of the literature.
1. Abstract 1.1. Background: Sickle cell diseases (SCDs) are inborn and catastrophic processes on vascular endothelium, particularly at the capillaries.
1. Summary The serous borderline ovarian tumors are unique among the borderline ovarian tumors in that invasive or noninvasive peritoneal implants may occur in 35% of cases [1,2]. Occurrence of the serous adenocarcinoma without the possibility of histopathological finding of the origin of the tumor is very rare and commonly is called pelvic serous carcinoma.
1. Abstract 1.1. Background: Parkinsonism is a syndrome that is characterized by a reduction in dopamine and basal ganglia functioning. Its etiology can be primary, secondary, atypical, or idiopathic. The primary clinical manifestations include rigidity, bradykinesia, resting tremor, and postural instability.
MUC5B Mutation Causes Mucociliary Dysfunction and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Like Illness in a Saudi Girl: A Case Report
1. Abstract 1.1. Background: MUC5B is a major gel forming mucin in the lung that plays a key role in mucociliary clearance and host defense that is secreted from proximal submucosal glands and distal airway secretory cells.
A Comparative Study of Fissurectomy Versus Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy in Treatment of Chronic Anal Fissure Regarding Post-Operative Complications
1. Abstract 1.1. Introduction: An anal fissure (fissure-in-Ano) is a small, oval- shaped tear in the skin that lines the opening of the anus which is quite common in the general population. Anal fissures are either acute or chronic. Chronic fissures typically require surgical treatment, despite the emergence of new conservative techniques, such as nitric […]
1. Abstract Secretory carcinoma is a very rare subtype of breast carcinoma. These tumors are generally associated with a favourable prognosis, although having triple-negative phenotype (oestrogen receptors (ER), progesterone receptors (PR) negative and c-erbB2 (HER2) negative). In presentations rare secretory carcinoma of the breast in woman age 41years is discussed and the literature is reviewed […]
1. Abstract Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome (PAES) is a rare pathological compression of the popliteal artery, mostly unilateral. Its diagnosis is a challenge due to low recurrence and confusion with other injuries that affect the lower limb.
1. Abstract 1.1. Introduction: Intradural disc herniation (IDH) is a rare disease that affects the spine, difficult to diagnose clinically and radiologically and easily mistaken with other types of disc herniations.